Employee Assistance Programme. Why Us.
Why choose Hospitality Action’s EAP?
Hospitality Action’s EAP was created by hospitality people, for hospitality people, and already supports over 130,000 industry professionals.
Hospitality Action has over 180 years’ experience of helping hospitality people, meaning we are uniquely placed to understand and resolve the specific issues they face at work and in their personal lives. Our EAP has been tailor-made to support the industry we serve. It addresses key issues such as stress relating to long hours, and split shifts; financial pressures stemming from lower pay; and addictive behaviours linked to the proximity of alcohol and substances.
Our EAP supports industry professionals by providing specialist, independent and confidential advice, support and assistance. Its range of benefits includes personal counselling, legal guidance, addiction support, debt and money advice, parenting helpline, elder care helpline and a whistle-blowing service - all for an annual cost of just £5.50 + vat per employee plus a one off joining fee in your first year of subscription. Whatever the problem, we’re here to help 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
We also offer critical incident and trauma support. For example, we provided on-site counselling to hospitality professionals after the Borough Market and Manchester Arena attacks.
Uniquely among EAP providers, should a hardship grant be required by any recipients of EAP support, we’re able to point them towards our grant-giving team, for consideration for further support. Isn’t it good to know somebody’s got your back when life takes a wrong turn?
Contact us to find out more about how HA’s bespoke EAP can protect your workforce today.
Our EAP includes the following services.
- Advice and help sheets covering a comprehensive range of topics
- Web chat and telephone help line, 24/7, 365 days a year
- Managerial adviceline
- Managed referrals
- Personal counselling – telephone, online and face-to-face counselling
- Legal information and guidance
- Financial planning and debt advice
- Addiction support expert help with alcohol, drugs, gambling or other addiction issues
- Hardship grants – where our criteria are met
- Parenting helpline – topics covered include: pregnancy and birth, single parenting, shared parenting, and teenage challenges
- Elder care – support and advice on caring for an older relative or dependant
- Access to a translation service covering 170 languages
- Bespoke managerial reports, employee booklets, employer’s briefing document, posters and subscribers’ newsletter
- Whistleblowing service – a confidential service giving employees the opportunity to report any work-related concerns to an independent third party
To find out more general information about how an EAP can support your team check out our FAQ section. To find out more about how the EAP could support your people please contact Ellie Gressett, or call Head Office on 0203 004 5500.
EAP customers also enjoy preferential rates on a range of additional services
- Critical incident and trauma support
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- Mental Health Champions service
- Specialist training for managers who find themselves supporting colleagues with an addiction or mental health issue
- communication skills
- financial wellbeing training
- preparing for retirement
- Bullying and Harassment Awareness Training