The 20,000 Mile Hospitality Challenge, UK Wide
Tue, June 9, 2020
Go the distance for UK hospitality
We’re calling on all fitness fanatics and fitness newcomers to collectively cycle, run, walk or jog the 19,491 miles of the entire UK coastline. Whether you take a spin in the garden, hit the streets for a powerwalk or don your skates for a zip around the park, anything goes as long as you’re moving…in a socially distanced way of course! Whatever your age or ability your miles and sponsorship money will make a difference.
By helping us to clock up the miles and the £££ you’ll be supporting UK hospitality employees who are facing ongoing financial and emotional uncertainty due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
1. Join our challenge here.
2. Set your profile and participant dashboard by pledging your mileage, activity and sponsorship.
3. Under Settings you can link your social media. You must connect your Strava fitness app for your miles to be automatically added to the challenge. If you dont have a Strava account you can download it here.
1. Now you’re signed up you can start fundraising straight away! You can do this by clicking “Spread the word” and sharing your personalised sponsorship link across social media.
2. You have between 9am on Thursday 4th June until 6pm on Monday 8th June to walk/run/cycle as many miles as possible. Don’t start any sooner as your miles won’t be clocked!
3. Our virtual start & finish line is Domaine Evremond – Champagne Taittinger’s vineyard in Kent”, read on to see the amazing prizes you could win by taking part!
Each participant who raises over £150 in sponsorship will automatically be entered into a Thank You Prize Draw to win one of 25 bottles of Taittinger Brut Réserve. The top fundraiser* will be invited to Champagne Taittinger in Reims when we are all able to travel safely, as a personal thank you from the Taittinger family. The trip includes travel, a two night fully catered stay and a tour and tasting at the Taittinger UNESCO cellars in Reims (worth £1,250), plus a magnum of Taittinger Brut Réserve. Fundraising will close at 10am on Monday 8th June and all winners announced by 5pm.
Post snaps of your route and what you’re up to across social media using #Clockupthemiles, @hospaction and tagging friends at the same time. The more inventive the better!
There’s no entry fee, all we ask is that you take part, donate and ask friends and family to support your efforts and perhaps even join in themselves. And like all good sporting events there’ll even be a pasta supper the night before taking place on Instagram Live.
From Land’s End to John O’Groats, Belfast to the Isle of Wight and beyond Hospitality Action supports the length and breadth of UK hospitality. The challenge has been set and every step will count!
If you can clock up a mile or two (or 200!) to get Hospitality Action around the UK, simply follow the instructions and sign up here
All fundraising must be in accordance with government guidelines: https://bit.ly/2SWxly1
Kindly supported by Champagne Taittinger.
*The top fundraiser must raise a minimum of £600 to be eligible.