- Do you drink at home before going out with friends?
- Do you sometimes find yourself drinking more than you intended at the start of the evening?
- Do you sometimes prefer drinking alone rather than with friends?
- Has drinking or drug use reduced your motivation?
- Have you ever felt guilty or ashamed after drinking?
- Is your college work suffering because of your drinking or drug use?
- Has a relationship ever ended because of your drinking or drug taking?
- Have you ever ‘blacked out’, unable to remember the next day what you had done the night before?
- Do you ever turn down invites to do things unless alcohol is involved?
- Is drinking or drug taking affecting your reputation?
- Would it seem odd to leave your drink half finished?
- Do you drink because you are shy around people and to give yourself confidence?
- Have family or friends expressed concern about your drinking or drug taking?
- Do you feel nervous with people who don’t drink or drink very little?
- Have you ever missed college through drinking or drug taking?
- Have you ever decided to give up for a period of time to prove to yourself you can do it?
- Have you ever been in hospital or a police cell because of your drinking or drug use?
- Do you ever need to drink or smoke cannabis in order to sleep?
If you answered yes to more than three of these questions, there is a valid reason for looking closer at your consumption and behaviour. For further information please click here