Over the last few weeks we have been overwhelmed with support for Social Sunday 2019 as operators across the UK have mobilised to help their industry colleagues in need. But we still need more businesses to join in and fundraise for us this summer on Sunday 7th July.
When you do you’ll be in good company; taking your place alongside Principal Patron Jason Atherton, Tom Kerridge, and Tom Kitchin to name but a few. We are proud to be supported by operators large and small from all corners of the country, from national brands like Park Plaza Hotels to independent operators including The Working Boat pub in Cornwall, Bourgee in Norwich and The Freemasons at Wiswell in Lancashire.
Tom Kerridge calls upon the industry to support Social Sunday
Here are our top five Social Sunday fundraising ideas:
- Host a big-name chef from another part of the country to run a pop-up in your property.
- Create a special dish, cocktail or even menu to showcase your culinary innovations and excite customers.
- Add just £1 to diners’ bills for the first week of July (or even the whole month). You’ll be amazed just how much can build up.
- Open up for a special Sunday lunch service. After all, it’s how Jason Atherton came up with Social Sunday in the first place.
- Engage your suppliers. Ask your local butcher or veg supplier to provide produce free of charge for Social Sunday and pass the saving to HA. It’s a great way for your suppliers to show their commitment to the industry and to strengthen relationships.
No matter what you do your donation could help us support a family facing financial hardship due to injury, relationship breakdown or mental health problems. We provide practical solutions to everyday problems to keep families together and help people back on their feet quickly and with dignity. You could be closer to somebody we’ve helped than you realise.
To find out more visit our website and get in touch to tell us what you’re planning.
We look forward to hearing from you